Transparent boxcars were used to demonstrate the destruction that could occur from improper boxcar loading or excessive coupling speeds. They were also used to test different loading methods to help reduce freight damages. With transparent sides, your own yard crew can examine the four pallet loads from the outside of the car!
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks and operating couplers
- Interior illumination
- Transparent sides and opening doors
- Load of four removable pallet loads, including 12 boxes, four highway barrels, four oil drums, and a stack of lumber
- Rail Line: Union Pacific
- Gauge: Traditional O Gauge
- Brand: Lionel
- Min Curve: O-31
- Dimensions: Length: 11 1/8"
- Most Recent Catalog: Lionel 2009 Volume II