IN STOCK, not eligible for any discounts
The #3001 has White Wheel Rims and Polished Rods!
The beast is back! One of Lionel's initial VISION offerings, Santa Fe's 2-10-10-2 has returned after more than a decade. Upgraded with today's LEGACY and Bluetooth control, this run includes the addition of safety valve steam and our selectable whistle sets for even more fun and value.
Santa Fe built 10 of these monsters in 1911 from existing 2-10-2 locomotives with new front engines supplied by Baldwin. At their time, they were the largest locomotives in the world. One locomotive, 3001, even made a silent film appearance in 1915. Despite success with previous smaller conversions of 2-6-6-2 locomotives, the 3000s' boilers simply couldn't produce enough steam at speed to supply the four pistons. By 1918, the locomotives were back to simple 2-10-2s again. The distinctive "turtleback" tenders would serve other locomotives until the end of steam.
Unique models like this don't come down the tracks often. Loaded with stack, whistle, and blowdown steam effects, a swinging bell, loads of detail and both LEGACY and Bluetooth control, we've made a great model even better. In addition to two prototypical numbers, we've also added two fun fantasy schemes for those who like a little more color on their steam engines.
- Standard LEGACY Steam features as found on page 6-7 of 2021 Lionel Big Book
- LEGACY Control System equipped - able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Bluetooth Control-Operate with Universal Remote or LionChief App
- Lionel Voice Control (LVC) - run your locomotive by speaking commands into your phone via LionChief App - available on select times - look for LVC logo
- Odyssey II Speed Control
- LEGACY RailSounds sound system featuring:
- CrewTalk dialog with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
- DynaChuff synchronized with 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed
- LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Whistle" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals
- 5 different whistles to choose from for a more customized experience
- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
- 5 levels of bell pitching for customized sounds
- Sequence Control: plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
- Current speed ad fuel dialog, coal, or oil loading sound effects
- IR Transmitter that works with LCS SensorTrack
- Powerful maintenance free motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Bicolor illuminated classification lights on the front of the locomotive where applicable. Using a Legacy controller, change the color of the classification lights between white or green
- Traction Tires
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plate
- Synchronized fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Cab "Glass" windows
- Engineer and fireman figures
- Whistle Steam
- Blow Down Steam
- Swinging Bell
- Length 31"
- Minimum Curve:072
Information taken directly from 2021 Lionel Big Book page 6, 7 and 8.