This is a Built to Order Engine. This is not eligible for any discount.
Only have 1.
There's no way the Water Level Route would ever roster a locomotive called a "Mountain." But by any name, the New York Central owned more 4-8-2 locomotives than any other line - ad they were built for speed. The first Mohawks came in 1922. Within three years however, a new class emerged to a much more modern design.
The L2a class numbered 100 locomotives strong and were most easily identified by their Elesco feedwater heaters in front of the smokebox. These and the earlier Mohawks were limited to 60 mph running on freight service, but subsequent classes would be capable of much higher speeds and often found themselves on priority freight and heavier passenger trains.
Returning to the Lionel catalog for the first time in nearly a decade, the L2a is regarded as one of our most finely detailed and proportioned models. And now it's better than ever with the latest LEGACY and Bluetooth control and Whistle Steam! The model will be available in several protoypical paint scheme variants, a custom weathered version, and two "fantasy" schemes sure to attract a lot of attention! The New Haven's R-2a class of Mountains were nearly identical to the Central's L2a, so we've included one for that road as well!
- Whistle Steam
- Length 25 1/2"
- Minimum Curve 054
- Bi-color classification lights
- Standard LEGACY Steam features as found on page 6-7 of 2021 Lionel Big Book
- LEGACY Control System equipped - able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Bluetooth Control-Operate with Universal Remote or LionChief App
- Lionel Voice Control (LVC) - run your locomotive by speaking commands into your phone via LionChief App - available on select times - look for LVC logo
- Odyssey II Speed Control
- LEGACY RailSounds sound system featuring:
- CrewTalk dialog with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
- DynaChuff synchronized with 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed
- LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Whistle" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals
- 5 different whistles to choose from for a more customized experience
- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
- 5 levels of bell pitching for customized sounds
- Sequence Control: plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
- Current speed ad fuel dialog, coal, or oil loading sound effects
- IR Transmitter that works with LCS SensorTrack
- Powerful maintenance free motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Bicolor illuminated classification lights on the front of the locomotive where applicable. Using a Legacy controller, change the color of the classification lights between white or green
- Traction Tires
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plate
- Synchronized fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Cab "Glass" windows
- Engineer and fireman figures