This is a Built to Order Engine. Lionel only produces the exact number they have orders for. They do not make any extra. This is not eligible for any discount.
SW8 (page 34)
EMD's SW8, SW900 and SW600 all shared the same carbody, distinguished from other similar models by having only a single exhaust stack. Popular with railroads and private companies for switching and light road duties since the 1950s, many of these venerable locomotives still serve today.
The SW8 is the newest edition to Lionel's switcher Fleet. Featuring a single motor drive, both LEGACY and Bluetooth control, RailSounds and fixed pilots, these versatile locomotives offer tremendous features and detail in a compact model. They will be right at home switching cars or hauling freight on railroads of any size!
LEGACY DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES
- Fixed pilots
- Single Motor
- Length 12 1/2"
- Minimum Curve O31
- LEGACY Control System equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Bluetooth Control – Operate with Universal Remote or LionChief App
- Lionel Voice Control (LVC) – run your locomotive by speaking commands into your phone via LionChief app – available on select items – look for LVC Logo
- Odyssey II Speed Control
- LEGACY RailSounds sound system featuring:
- CrewTalk dialog with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- TrainSounds that mimic realistic radio chatter when the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
- Eight diesel RPM levels
- LEGACY “Real-Time Quilling Horn” control with instant response for realistic signature “quilling” and correctly timed warning signals
- 5 different horns to chose from for a more customized experience
- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
- 5 levels of bell pitching for customized sounds
- Sequence Control: plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive.
- Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- IR Transmitter for SensorTrack
- Dual powerful maintenance free motors with momentum flywheels
- Elector Coupler on front and rear
- Traction Tires
- Refined Conventional Transformer Control mode with lower starting speeds
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Directional lighting including LED headlights
- Marker lights on front and rear
- Illuminated number boards
- Lighted cab interior
- Die-Cast trucks, pilot and fuel tank
- Metal Frame
- High levels of separately applied metal details
- Engineer and conductor figures
- Pages 18-19 of catalog
Information taken directly from 2021 Lionel Big Book page 34-35.