What a find!
Although better known for their exploits over the war-torn skies of Europe, the United States Army Air Force P-51 Mustang also made significant contributions to the victory in the Pacific from 1943 onwards. They saw action from the Burma Road to the jungles of New Guinea, and escorted B-29 Superfortresses on long range bombing sorties against the Home Islands of Japan in 1944 and 1945. Watch as the Mustang fights it out with a Japanese Zero.
- Powerful, maintenance-free motor
- Metal tower
- Interior lighting
- Airplanes fly at approximately 21 1/2" above the base
- Gauge: Traditional O Gauge
- Brand: Lionel
- Dimensions: 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" x 14 1/4"
- Most Recent Catalog: Classic Trains Vol. 2 2003