This is used, but well taken care of.
3-Bay Open Hoppers Since the 1960's, high capacity 3-bay open-top hoppers have been a common sight on the railroads. Used initially in dedicated unit coal train service, these cars were also used for sand, stone, ore, scrap metal, and other services. The basic design, originally built and tested by Pennsylvania, Norfolk & Western, and Chesapeake & Ohio, was later adopted by a multitude of railroads to become a modern-era hopper standard.
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks and operating couplers
- Hidden uncoupling tabs
- Die-cast metal frame and body
- Rotating bearing caps
- Removable single-piece coal load
- Opening bottom hatches
- Single and 2-Pack hoppers available with unique sequential numbers
- Rail Line: Pennsylvania Power & Light
- Road Number: 347
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- Brand: Lionel
- Min Curve: O-31
- Dimensions: Length: 12 3/4"
- Most Recent Catalog: Lionel 2007 Train Catalog Volume 2