What a great find! This was a recent trade in, and will go fast! Like new, not on track long. Mainly displayed.
First used on Japanese railways in the early 1900’s, the Mikado steam locomotive became one of the principal freight locomotives of North America. It has been estimated that the Mikado (meaning “Emperor” in Japanese) represented one out of every five locomotives used in early postwar service. The excellent starting tractive effort of these 2-8-2 steam locomotives made them great fast-speed haulers of heavy freight, securing them a place of importance on American railways. Their handsome, well-balanced design and unique history have intrigued locomotive fans to the present.Equipped with TMCC, RailSounds, and many separately applied metal details, the scale-sized engine is available in four liveries-Western Pacific, Union Pacific, AT&SF, and Milwaukee.
- TrainMaster Command Control equipped–able to run in Command Control Mode or in Conventional Transformer Control Mode
- Odyssey System for speed control with ON/OFF switch
- RailSounds sounds system with CrewTalk communication and TowerCom announcements
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, frame, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks with metal frame
- Separately applied metal details
- FatBoy speaker
- Directional lighting, including operating headlight and backup light
- Puffing smoke unit
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler on rear of tender
- Traction tires
- Firebox glow
- Engineer and fireman figures
- Rail Line: Union Pacific
- Road Number: 1925
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- Brand: Lionel
- Min Curve: O-42
- Dimensions: Length: 20 3/4"
- Most Recent Catalog: Lionel Signature Catalog 2008 Volume 1